How to change electric guitar strings
We all are depressed and stressed out by this quarantine. In addition to this, due to the rising cases, we are restricted within our homes. And that is exactly what is hitting the boredom in us. But this is a blessing in disguise. This is because it has given us a chance to explore productive ways to kill our boredom. So, if you are on a same boat, then all you have to do is read this article. This is because people are too busy in playing video games. This is completely okay. However, if you want to earn something from your hobby, then you are at the right place. This will help you to know more about an electric guitar. In addition to this, you will have command over guitar strings. So, that is how it works. If you want to know more about new strings and how can they be played softly, then go till the very end.
CAN YOU EARN FROM YOUR HOBBIES?Yes, of course. People do earn from their hobbies. And playing guitar and instruments is one of those hobbies that let you earn money. This is because you can form your band. In addition to this, you can play music on different platforms. Other than this, you can join birthday parties. And this is how it all works. Thus, if you want to know about strings, guitars, electric instruments, chords, and guitar’s fretboard, then you are reading the right article.
Playing guitar is one of the most interesting hobbies. This is because playing guitar gives us the peace of mind that we lack. In addition to this, if you want to experience playing guitar strings, then you can read our previous articles. And we hope not to disappoint you in any manner.
WHAT THIS ARTICLE WILL TEACH YOU?
In addition to this, we have brought you this article. And there are several reasons behind this. The very first reason is that most people have asked us about changing electric guitar strings. In addition to this, most people still don’t know to change electric guitar strings. Other than this, we thought that it might be an educational yet informative article. So, this is all about changing strings of the electric guitars. In addition to this, you will get all the strings on your fingertips. So, if you would like to restring an electric guitar, then all you need to do is read this article till the very end.
WHAT WE HAVE BROUGHT FOR YOU? – WHAT WILL YOU LEARN FROM THIS ARTICLE?
So, we typically mention the contents at the beginning of our article. This is because it helps the reader to know the topics of their interests. In addition to this, we have mentioned so many details that will help you advance your knowledge about the basic guitar stuff. So, this is how we are going to help you. Thus, if you want to know more about what we have brought for you, then read the contents below.
- First of all, we will mention the specifications you need to consider in electric guitars.
- In addition to this, we will mention the types of guitars available in the market.
- Other than this, we will let you know the need to change strings frequently. This is because people don’t know why they change strings. In addition to this, you will get to know how to transform an old string into several new strings.
- Last but not least, you will see the conclusion of the article. This will be the essence of the article in a nutshell.
So, without wasting any further time, let’s proceed to our very first topic.
THE SPECIFUCATIONS YOU NEED TO CONSIDER IN EVERY ELECTRIC GUITAR!
So, our very first topic is going to educate on the specifications. This is because many people just know the basic specifications. Other than this, they know a little bit about guitar. So, this level of information is not sufficient. Even if you are a pro at playing an electric guitar, you will still need to know what we are going to mention. This is because it is very important. And people do miss out on it. So, let’s begin with the specifications in detail.
- First of all, look for a studio guitar with tuning pegs. In addition to this, if you want to play string through guitar and want to listen to string sounds deeper, then look for our tuning post. This is because tuning post will be helpful for you. And this tuning post has benefitted many people.
- In addition to this, you can also look for string changing tools. This is because many guitarists have old strings. Thus, a tuning machine is needed to string tight the guitar frequently. So, if you are into changing old strings of your electric guitar, then get a tuning machine. And you can easily find the tuning machine. So, you will be able to change into new strings and these new strings will help you with so many things.
- Other than this, if you are changing strings then look for wire cutters and string winder as well. This is because wire cutters and string winder will help you get command over it.
- In addition to this, if you wan to make tuning easier, then have a few sessions over the whole guitar. So, this will help you know more about the heaviest string, winding patterns, right strings, and special holes.
- In addition to this, you have to start gradually working on your index finger with a set of strings to carefully push it a few times to create a new tension. So, you will feel it over tighten where it neck meets. But make sure to use your left hand with a set of strings and this is exactly what most guitarists do.
- Also, one most important thing that you need to keep in mind is about using your hands clockwise or in an opposite way on the brand new guitar.
- Other than this, make sure to get cleaning products. This is what musicians recommend to restring. Thus, if you want to restring the frets, then use the slack time for this purpose. Not every instrument comes with such products. On the other hand, if you want to start turning, then keep it at a comfortable height. This will help you with stretching on the other end.
So, this was everything you need to know about guitars. Thus, if you want to know how to change strings, then read the next passage. But before this, all you need to know is the types of guitars available in the market. And then we will proceed to the next topic.
TYPES OF GUITARS AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET
So, the different types of guitars
in the market include are classical guitars, electric guitars, and last but not
least acoustic guitars.
So, the issue with these guitars is that they have got a wider neck. So, if you are a beginner, it might be hard for you to play it via holding it and playing with its strings. So, its body will be wide enough to be carried around. But if you are comfortable with a classical and its wide-body, then you can go for it. All you will still need to learn is to play with guitar chords and strings with your fingers.
Considering an electric guitar in this scenario, the issue with such a guitar is that it comes with an amplifier. Thus, being a beginner who just has started learning guitar, you will still have to learn guitar. So, you will have to pay the additional cost to buy that amplifier too. If you are willing to learn amplifier and spend extra money, then you cab go for it. However, there are no other ways to play guitar.
On the other hand, acoustic guitars work best for beginners. And this is because of many reasons. The very first reason is that they are pretty simple. Other than this, they require no additional equipment. So, of course, you won’t have to pay the extra cost. One thing that it has in common with the bass guitar is that no additional microphone, cable, connection, output jack, power battery, and models or anything like this are required. And you won’t either face any hassle in anything of the sort.
So, these were the types of guitars people should know. In addition to this, we are now going to the main topic. And our main topic is changing the strings of an electric guitar.
THE NEED TO CHANGE THE STRINGS OF AN ELECTRIC GUITAR – WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO DO THIS?
So, without wasting any further time, let’s break the ice on this topic. But before starting with the topic, let me tell you that you need to follow the steps one by one. And this will help you knowing everything clearly and precisely.
- First of all, detune the guitar and then remove the old strings. So, you can detune the strings until they are loose enough. Use tools for it and loosen them with the lower set.
- Secondly, all you need to do next is cleaning the fretboard. It works best if you clean it regularly. So, cleaning will help it perform better.
- Thirdly, and in addition to this, just start installing the new strings. But keep this thing in mind that you should not tighten them enough. So, keep a margin for them to stretch. This is because strings need to stretch. So, use tools and make sure to loosen them.
- Now, the next step is to identify each string and install it slowly and gradually. This is because you can’t install a wrong string at a wrong place. So, if you are a beginner, make sure to see tutorials with sounds.
- Now the next step is to crimp and trim the non-ball end.
- Now all you have to do is tighten it and wind around.
- Last but not least, make sure to stretch and tune.